Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wednesday


Lot’s of school happened today, and we had to come back for more at 6 due to the existence of a cultural ballet.  It was…interesting.  Not bad, at all, but not what I expected either.  There were a lot of really neat costumes which I thought would be much too warm to dance in but apparently I’m mistaken.  Also, there were dances that described different aspects of the culture such as family, community, religion, parties, gender roles, and so on.  We got free scarves, and that made it all worth it.  Also, that was the day that the inside-joke about me stalking Althea came about, so I suppose that’s important.  The only thing I found really obnoxious about the dance was that they guy who wrote it put himself in it.  Fine.  Whatever.  He can be a Tommy Wisseu from The Room, but he only put himself in important positions such as, I don’t know, JESUS.  The night came to a beautiful end as we were trying to catch our Taxis back and Catherine says, “Shelby, can I share a taxi with you because I live by you now?” O.o

0 comments: