Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thursday

Ben’s mom drove us to school on Friday, which was fantastic, mostly because I’m just too lazy to figure out the bus system on my own. The public transportation here is great…and awful. This city is just so darn confusing and everything looks the same and you can’t even use mountains as landmarks cuz they’re everywhere. Gah. But. I still enjoy it. Anyway, so Thursday night I went out with everyone. It was raining (as always) and we waited for the bus for like twenty minuets before finally deciding to take a cab. Like I said, great and not. See, the buses get you everywhere, but a bus to where we live in north Quito is really rare. It’s frustrating. But cabs only cost like two dollars anyway and between the three of us, it was basically bus fare. SO. We all went to Foch Plaza, which is by the school. Ben got us lost at fist because, like I said, everything looks the same. It’s actually a rally interesting dynamic hanging out with everyone because the drinking age in Ecuador is 18, and I guess I’ve never before experienced my peers sitting down in the restraint and ordering beer. That took a bit of getting used to. But, I did find out that the coke here is made with sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup, and is therefore fantastic and my new addiction. Coke the pop, to clarify. Then, after restraint exploring and the like, everyone went to a discotheque except for KC and I due to the fact that we were lazy and tired. So, we shared a bad back home and all was well until my key broke and died and fiascos happened.


0 comments: