Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Friday

Upon leaving school on Friday, we were greeting with an electric blue coach bus. Not something you see everyday. Or ever. This was our home for the next several days. After a few hours of driving (and picking up Paige who missed her flight TWICE and ended up being three days late (how does that even happen?!)), we visited a flower farm. Ok. So. I have previously been informed that I’m a nerd, both in the past and on this trip when someone asked me the difference between an alpaca and a llama and I went into great detain about vertebra structure (looking back on that incident I really should have just said nothing), but I have always wondered how flowers get to the places they get to. NOW I KNOW. Ecuador is one of the largest exporter of flowers in the world. The temperate climate and high altitude are apparently great for roses, which they grow like thirty colors of. We got to see every step in the process of growing, harvesting, prepping, packaging, and shipping said flowers. Suffice to say, I got to use the macro view on the camera.

0 comments: