Monday, January 17, 2011

Saturday Part Two

Lunch was some food that I don’t remember and then we were given the awful news: the rest of the day was not, in fact, for napping. WHAT? We had to split into two groups and actually do activities. No one was pleased, except for Yolanda. She looked just peachy. My group, it turns out, was in for a hike. Yes, more physical activity. I did mention how I’m not in shape, yes? And, since we were hiking through the rainforest, both those godforsaken boots and long pants were needed. I LOVE ECUADOR. So, we all piled into the canoe and set off. The first thing we did upon arriving at a sketchy tail was getting on a double decker bus and take a tour. I’m not gonna lie, it was awesome. It’s pretty much gorgeous and it all smells so good! We even got to eat this fruit that didn’t know existed, but I like it so I better be able to find it later. We stopped several times for our tour guide to explain things. One time, we stopped overlooking the huge expanse of forest wen we were on a hill. We all just sat in silence until this huge awful roar was hear, followed by small animal screams. And they wanted us to hike. Which we did eventually. We got off by an even sketchier trail and dove in. I would just like to take a moment to reiterate this: I hike through the Amazon Rainforest. IT WAS SO COOL! We had to hike through small little rivers, up hills down hills, over fallen trees, while all the while trying to see absolutely everything. It was also really muddy cuz it’s the rainforest, so that made things really tricky. Also, our tour guide, who we dubbed Rambo, was much quicker than the rest of us, as we were all about to pass out from heat exhaustion and stuff. We even saw this tree that looked like a lamp post because it was so smooth. It was weird. And we saw a poison dart frog and a lot of other really neat stuff. When we finally reached the end of our excursion, I was more drenched with sweat then I’ve ever been in my life, and that includes after moshing. Everyone just dripped from being sopping we. So gross. But so worth it. Also, the only thing I could really think about the whole time was how I was living Lost, which was funny cuz then we ran into a group of British tourists doing trail reconstruction and I SAW CHARLIE. Not really but pretty close. It made my life, no big deal. So yeah. With a feeling of accomplishment, we got into our canoe and headed back down the river, during sunset. Yeah, we deserved that view.

0 comments: