Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sunday

They informed us Saturday afternoon that we may be forced to attend Church with our families in the morning. This worried me all the way until I fell asleep at eight again. See, when I told my host mom in Quito that I wasn’t Catholic, she did the “tsk tsk” noise, and when I told her I was agnostic, she didn’t speak to me for hours. I was like PLEASE CONTINUE TO FEED ME. She did. Anyway, we ended up not going to church and having a late breakfast instead and by late I mean eight in the morning cuz twelve hours of sleep is apparently just not enough. Then, we went to Cotacotchi and continued to shop more. It’s a town that specializes in leather, and that’s all I’m gonna say about that one. Plus, we went to this lake and took a boat ride cuz apparently lakes are a really big deal in Ecuador. I dunno. Lastly, we ended our night by going to this huge hotel that was basically just like little houses in a garden and was completely wonderful and luxurious and grand. We got steak for dinner and we got to dance and sig and walk around. My friends and I took a hike and apparently they forgot to tell us that there are a heard of wild horses and a pack of wild alpacas as well. SURPRISE. Photos were taken. Unfortunately, I had a migraine and had to retire early (like 8...see a pattern?), but they sent me tea and I got to take shower where water pressure and heat were actual things and that was great.

0 comments: