Monday, January 17, 2011

Wednesday

This is the street the school is on and such.
Today was pretty uneventful except for that we had our first large essay test. Grand. Then we had class for a long time, and then we had a lecture on the biodiversity in Ecuador, and THEN we went to this part of Quito that was really sketchy to visit the house of this artist who may or may not have dies in mysterious ways. He was apparently really important in Latin America and had kind of a Pablo Picasso influence. Some of his stuff was quite neat, if not just really creepy. He also built this church to mankind, apparently, which we of course go to go visit for another hour and a half our. NEAT. But actually it kind of was, except I was really just worried about where to buy a new hairdryer. No such luck thus far. We then al piled once again onto a city bus and made our way back to the school. That night, we all went out and had a party. Before leaving, my host parents gave me a new key, and my dad gave me a lesson on how to use it. He took great care to explain, and I was like “So don’t break it?” And he was like “yeah don’t do that again” and I was like ”Glad you speak English.” KC, Madeline, and I went and ate pizza and we met everyone else up after that. We ended up going to a Discothèque, which I guess is an experience that everyone can have once, but never needs again. I returned home successfully, key intact.

0 comments: