Sunday, September 19, 2010

Poems and Such

a parachute in a green field Wallpaper So.  It turns out that I really enjoyed A Wife Explains Why She Likes Country. It had a ton of really awesome imagery and some interesting comparisons.  However, some lines really struck me as though they should have rhymed with something, which is a bit odd. For instance, "because sometimes whiskey tastes better than wine"feels like it could be the right rhythm and such for rhyming to occur (Barbara Ras).  But I guess not.  Anyway, I just overly enjoyed how it all seemed to accurately describe something to the point of easily being able to see the pictures.  To me, that's a mark of a good writer.  Plus, I enjoy when people write about something like they love it because it makes the writing seem more passionate in general.

0 comments: